Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Breaking up with coffee, moving on with Tea

Hi!

I spent the past few days at Disneyland with loved ones, it was amazing!

Last weekend I went out with my mom, sister and brother-in-law for delicious Indian food with my mom, sister and brother-in-law... It was delicious. We went to a great place in San Diego (Hillcrest area) called Bombay. It was the second time I've eaten there, both trips were scrumptious experiences! I definitely recommend dining there when in San Diego.
My sister and her husband got me some amazing gifts for my birthday, two fabulous Teavana tea blends in gorgeous canisters to keep 'em fresh, tupelo honey (it will never crystalize in the bottle - how awesome?!), the perfect tea spoonand the best part of the presents.... the Breville VARIABLE-temperature Kettle!!!!!!!! I'm very blessed <3

This Breville Variable-temp kettle is definitely the a top dog of teakettles ;) It's perfect for tea connoisseurs, like myself tehe, or just anyone wanted the best possible cup of tea. Each type of tea has a specific temperature of water that should be used in order to extract the best and fullest flavor. Here's a sample general chart from Teavana.
I confessed my undying love for Teavana a few weeks ago here in case you missed it before.

Recently, I was finally ready to end my unhealthy relationship with my soy caramel macchiatos, and move on to a relationship that nourished my mind, body, and soul :) Something I knew I needed to do for quite some time.

In the health battle of tea vs. coffee, tea definitely takes the prize!
I used to consume coffee and espresso drinks in mass, unhealthy and expensive quantities. I was completely and utterly addicted :( It was a bad habit, expensive and unhealthy! Switching from coffee to tea is an easy step that anyone can take to a healthier lifestyle, and it has huge benefits.

If you are a fan of Grande Soy No Whip Pumpkin Spice Lattes (250 calories, 47g carbs, 42g sugars, 160mg Sodium) and Grande White Chocolate Iced Coffee with A Splash of Soy (120 calories, 1.5g fat, 24g carbs, 24g sugars, 0g fiber) like I was... Making a change to tea will have countless positive impacts for you.

Improved skin, hair, and teeth

Weight-loss, as you are now drinking something calorie-free (unless you add a splash of milk or honey)

Tea has a tonnnnn of antioxidants in every cup, even more than my ex-boyfriend Coffee.

Budget friendly! A grande tea with honey at your favorite coffee joint will run $2-$4 dollars cheaper than flavored lattes and mochas


When making the switch-a-roo, I highly recommend basing it off your schedule. This may sound silly, but if you are used to multiples cups of coffee or espresso drinks a day you will likely encounter some caffeine-withdrawal symptoms. These will leaving you feeling crappy or drained for a couple of days. I was fortunate and had 2 days during a break from classes where I literally could lounge around and sleep. After this initial slump, things will only be looking up and you can feel great about this positive change you have made for yourself. I know I do! Now I am no 100% coffee-less angel. Every once in awhile, I take a visit to the dark side of my past. For instance this weekend at Disneyland, we were there for 13.5 hours the first day and I was exhausted. So there I stood in line for 20+ min on Main street to get myself a latte. The positive is I didn't feel guilty or beat myself up over it. Instead I enjoyed my treat, and told myself I was not going to be sucked back in to this unhealthy daily ritual ever again!


No comments:

Post a Comment